About IOCL Job Notification
Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL) the largest commercial undertaking in India and a Fortune “Global 500” company requires result oriented experienced personnel with initiative and enterprise for its Refinery at Haldia (West Bengal). On-line Applications are invited for 129 bright, young and energetic persons of Indian Nationality for the following technical posts in the pay scale of Rs.11,900-32,000/- (pre-revised).
Advt no. PH/R/01/2019
Post Name & Vacancy Detail
|Post Code||Post Name||Vacancy count|
|201||Junior Engineering Assistant-IV|
|202|| Junior Engineering Assistant-IV|
|203||Junior Engineering Assistant-IV|
(Electrical)/ Junior Technical
|204||Junior Engineering Assistant-IV|
(Mechanical)/ Junior Technical
|205||Junior Engineering Assistant-IV|
|206||Junior Quality Control Analyst-IV||3|
|207||Junior Engineering Assistant-IV|
(Fire & Safety)
Qualification & Experience
1. Junior Engineering Assistant-IV (Production) – Post Code 201
Qualification: 3 years Diploma in Chemical/ Refinery & Petrochemical Engg. or B.Sc. (Maths, Physics, Chemistry or Industrial Chemistry) from a recognized Institute/ University with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate for General, EWS & OBC candidates & 45% in case of SC/ST candidates against reserved positions.
Experience: Minimum one year of post qualification experience in operation (rotating shift) of Pump House, Fired Heater, Compressor, Distillation Column, Reactor, Heat exchanger, etc. in a Petroleum Refinery/ Petrochemicals/ Fertilizer/ Heavy Chemical/ Gas Processing Industry.
2. Junior Engineering Assistant-IV (P&U) – Post Code 202
Qualification: 3 years Diploma in Mechanical or Electrical Engg. from recognized Institute/University & Boiler Competency Certificate (with the class as may be prescribed by the Boiler Authority of the state); provided that in case of non-availability of the sufficient number of candidates meeting the prescribed Parameters, candidates possessing the following qualification may also be considered: 1. Matric with ITI (Fitter) with Boiler Competency Certificate (with the class as may be prescribed by the Boiler Authority of the state). 2. B.Sc.(PCM) with an Apprenticeship Training in Boiler Trade. 3. 3 years Diploma in Mechanical or Electrical Engg. from recognized Institute/University with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate for General, EWS & OBC candidates & 45% in case of SC/ST candidates against reserved positions. Subject to the condition below: Candidate selected under Category (2) & (3) above and posted in Boiler Operations shall undertake to acquire Boiler Competency certificate within four years of joining the services of the Corporation.
Experience: For candidates possessing Diploma/ Matric with ITI (Fitter) & holding Boiler Competency Certificate or B.Sc. with Boiler Apprenticeship, no further experience shall be required. For candidates possessing the Diploma: minimum one year post qualification experience in operation of Industrial Boiler/ HRSG/Thermal Power Station (DM plant/RO plant/Air compressors/ Steam Turbines/ Gas turbines cooling tower/RO Plant/ Air Compressor) in Petroleum Refinery/ Petrochemicals/ Heavy Chemical/ Fertilizers/ Power Plants/ large industrial establishment.
3. Junior Engineering Assistant-IV (Electrical) – Post Code 203
Qualification: 3 years Diploma in Electrical Engineering from recognized Institute/ University with minimum of 50% marks in aggregate for General, EWS & OBC candidates & 45% in case of SC/ST/PwBD candidates against reserved/ identified for PwBD positions.
Experience: Minimum one year of post qualification experience in operation/maintenance of Power Generators/ Distribution SubStations (LT & HT at 0.4 KV & 6.6 KV level or above respectively)/ Maintenance of HT/LT Switch gears (PCC/MCC)/ Transformers/Motors/ ACBs/VCBs/ UPS/Battery Chargers/ Variable speed drives/protective relays including electromagnetic/ Static/ Numerical relays in Petroleum Refinery/ Petro-chemicals/ Heavy Chemical/ Fertilizers / Power Plants/ large industrial establishments.
4. Junior Engineering Assistant-IV (Mechanical) / Junior Technical Assistant – IV – Post Code 204
Qualification: 3 years Diploma in Mechanical Engineering from recognized Institute/ University with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate for General, EWS & OBC candidates & 45% in case of SC/ST/PwBD candidates against reserved/ identified for PwBD positions or Matric with ITI in Fitter Trade with Pass class.
Experience: Minimum one year of post qualification experience in maintenance/ overhauling of rotary equipment such as Compressors, Gas/ Steam Turbines, Boilers, Columns, Valves, Pumps, Mechanical Seals/ Dry gas seals, Bearings (Journal/ Anti-friction), Safety valves, etc; in Petroleum Refinery/ Petrochemical/ Heavy Chemical/ Fertilizer/ Power Plants/ large industrial establishment.
5. Junior Engineering Assistant-IV (Instrumentation) – Post Code 205
Qualification: 3 years Diploma in Instrumentation/ Instrumentation & Electronics/ Instrumentation & Control Engineering from a recognized Institute/ University with minimum of 50% marks in aggregate for General, EWS & OBC candidates & 45% in case of SC/ST/PwBD candidates against reserved/ identified for PwBD positions.
Experience: Minimum one year of post qualification experience in Maintenance of Modern instrumentation control system like DCS, PLC with electronic field instrumentation, Control Valve, Smart Positioners, loop configuration, online Analyzers condition monitoring, cabling, earthing etc., in a Petroleum Refinery/ Petrochemicals/ Heavy Chemical/ Fertilizers /Power Plants/ Gas Processing Industry/ large industrial establishments.
6. Junior Quality Control Analyst-IV – Post Code 206
Qualification: B.Sc. with Physics, Chemistry/ Industrial Chemistry & Mathematics with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate for General, EWS & OBC candidates & 45% in case of SC/ST/PwBD candidates against reserved/ identified for PwBD positions.
Experience: Minimum one year of post qualification experience in handling instruments like HPLC, XRF, WDXRF, GC, ICAP, AAS, Auto Analyzers, Flash Points, etc. in a Petroleum Refinery/ Petrochemical/ Heavy Chemical/Gas Processing Industry/ Fertilizers/ Power Plants/ large industrial establishments.
7. Junior Engineering Assistant – IV (Fire & Safety) – Post Code 207
Qualification: Matric plus Sub-Officers’ Course from NFSC Nagpur or Equivalent (Regular Course) from any other recognized institute, with Heavy Vehicle Driving License.
Experience: Minimum one year of post qualification experience in Fire & Safety set-up involving handling of fire-fighting equipment, fire water networks, related communication systems, emergency handling, fire-fighting, operation of fire tenders/pump-house, etc. in a Petroleum Refinery/Petrochemical/Heavy Chemical/ Gas Processing Industry/Fertilizers/Power Plants/large industrial establishments.
|SC/ST||relaxation of 5 years|
|OBC||relaxation of 3 years|
|PwBD||relaxation of 10 years|
- The selection methodology will comprise of Written Test and a Skill/Proficiency/Physical Test (SPPT) which will be of qualifying
- A candidate will have to secure a minimum of 40% marks in the written test to qualify for further consideration.
- The minimum qualifying marks in the written test will be relaxed by 5% for candidates belonging to SC/ST/PwBD categories
considered against reserved positions.
- Obtaining minimum qualifying marks in the written test does not confer any right or claim by the candidate for being shortlisted
for further consideration or the final selection, as the same is related to a number of positions, ratio applied and relative
performance in respective categories.
- Shortlisted candidates, in the ratio of 1:2 (two candidates for one post, with due cognizance to a number of reserved posts) subject to securing minimum qualifying marks in the written test, will be required to undergo a Skill/Proficiency/Physical Test (SPPT). The
SPPT for each discipline shall be conducted by a duly constituted committee.
- In case of a tie of marks in the written test for the last position on the Shortlist for SPPT, all such candidates shall be called for the
SPPT, even if the total number exceeds the prescribed ratio. If such a situation arises anywhere before the last position while drawing a list, the last name/last few names, in proportion to the prescribed ratio, will get eliminated.
- Category-wise Merit list shall be drawn on the basis of marks obtained in the written test from & out of the said short-list; only for
such candidates who qualify in the SPPT.
- In case of a tie of marks for the last position on the Merit List, the candidate with the prior date of birth (senior by age) shall find a
place in the Merit list. However, the name of the junior shall also be retained in the said Merit List, as the last name. If such a
situation arises anywhere before the last position while drawing a list, the last name/last few names in the list, in proportion to the prescribed ratio, will get eliminated.
- PwBD and Ex-Servicemen candidates, if found suitable, will be considered against reserved vacancy irrespective of their position in
Merit list (in order of merit within the category) on horizontal reservation policy.
- The candidature of the applicant would be provisional and subject to subsequent verification of certificates/ testimonials,
experience, etc. At any stage of the selection process, if it is found that the candidate has furnished false or incorrect information,
the candidature/appointment of the candidate will be canceled.
- Filling up of vacancies is solely at the discretion of the management based on suitability of candidates and no claim will arise for
appointment, if some of these vacancies are not filled due to the unsuitability of available candidates or insufficiency in the number of
- The decision of the Management will be final and binding on all candidates on all matters relating to eligibility, acceptance or rejection of the application, mode of selection, cancellation of the selection process either in part or full, etc. No correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
How to Apply
- Before applying online, a candidate must have an active email ID and a mobile phone number which must remain valid for at least twelve month period for future communication (including the issue of call letters).
- The candidate should have the relevant documents/certificates pertaining to age, qualification, caste, experience, Disability
Certificate (where applicable), scanned copy of color photograph and signature in jpg format (size not exceeding 50 KB) ready before applying online. The photo and signature in digital form will be required to be uploaded.
- Candidates meeting the prescribed eligibility criteria for a post, may visit the website http://www.iocrefrecruit.in and apply online.
The link to the online portal is also hosted on the official website of IndianOil i.e. www.iocl.com. The website/ portal will remain
open from 03.07.2019 (10:00 Hrs) to 23.07.2019 (17:00 Hrs). Only online mode of applications will be accepted. All future communication with candidate will take place only through website/email/ mobile phone. After successfully applying / registering
online applications, the candidates are required to send the print-out of the online application form, duly signed by him/her, to
the concerned authority at the address mentioned in the table below, along with self-attested photocopies of all supporting
documents as per checklist attached & 4 copies of passport size photographs under self-attestation, by ordinary post so as to
reach us by 04.08.2019. Candidates should super scribe the Name of Post Applied for, Name of the Refinery Unit and Post Code on the top of the envelope.
- Postal address for sending applications for Haldia Refinery is furnished below:
Indian Oil Corporation Limited, Haldia Refinery
P.O. Box No. 1,
P.O. Haldia Oil Refinery
District: Purba Medinipur, West Bengal,
- Candidates are also advised to submit the printout of the online application along with self-attested photocopies
of all supporting documents as per checklist attached & 4 copies of passport size photographs, at the venue of the
written test on the day of written test i.e. tentatively on 04.08.2019, in a sealed envelope. Candidates should
superscribe the Name of Post Applied for, Name of the Refinery Unit and Post Code on the top of the envelope.
- The Candidates shall ensure that the printout of the online applications is sent to the concerned authority at the Refinery Unit applied for. Application of candidate submitting an online application for one Unit and sending the printout of the online application to
another Refinery Unit/ location shall be summarily rejected.
- Candidates are advised to carry a copy of the application with originals & self-attested copies of all documents/ testimonials and
produce the same at the time of SPPT for verification.
- Incomplete applications, applications not supported by copies of relevant documents, applications not fulfilling the eligibility
criteria or applications received after the last date of receipt of applications (in physical form) shall be treated as “Rejected”.
- Candidates shall note that the documents sent to any other address or sent as a registered letter, shall stand automatically
- Further information regarding written examination, call letters, results, etc. shall be made available through this website/over email. Candidates are, therefore, advised to keep visiting the website regularly.
- The candidate must ascertain the correctness of each information/details before filling in the ‘Online Application Form’ and its final submission. The candidate shall be wholly/exclusively responsible for the information/details so filled/provided in his online Application Form.
Important Dates To Remember
|Start date||3rd July 2019|
|Closing date||23rd July 2019|
|Last date for receiving application at unit address||4th August 2019|
|Tentative date of written exam||4th August 2019|
|Tentative date of publication of result||9th August 2019|
|View Full Notification||Click here|
|Apply Now||Click here|